Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trail Map GPS Data File or KML file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trail Map GPS Data File or KML file

    Does anyone have a McNutt trail map as a KML file or GPS data file (e.g., GPX), or plain-text data (tab-delimited or CSV) file they can share? I would like to make a google earth map of the area.

  • #2
    yes it's in the paid member section. get a membership and you can have one.

    Comment


    • #3
      If I pay for my Platinum membership here do I have to pay for it again on the BCORMA website or are the two sites linked? Any information would be appreciated as I would like to contribute to the community but want to spend a lot of money at multiple sites.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello anybody home?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by benyamaha View Post
          If I pay for my Platinum membership here do I have to pay for it again on the BCORMA website or are the two sites linked? Any information would be appreciated as I would like to contribute to the community but want to spend a lot of money at multiple sites.
          The membership to the club can only be bought on this site and the pass you buy from the BMMC is a BCORMA trail pass. Buy your membership and trail pass here and your good! You can go to the BMMC meeting at the log cabin grill on the first Thursday of each month, meet a bunch of cool members and pay for your membership and trail pass in person.

          Comment


          • #6
            I just joined and do not see anything in the paid section. Would like to get some GPS files so I know where to ride, especially right now I need to easier trails.

            Comment


            • #7
              The easier trails are all in the SE corner. The only downside to that is it requires newbies to negotiate some more technical stuff to get to the easier trails.

              The most straight forward route would be Sandman to Pristine to Wedgie. At the S end of Wedgie you will find a gravel "quad" trail that leads to the south logging road. Take that road east all the way to the end (T-junction). That is the far SE corner of the riding area. In that area are a number of shorter and easier trails to start on.

              Comment


              • #8
                Map files are here

                opps, I guess you can't link to the paid section.

                Look for:
                Sticky:New Map!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hooligan View Post
                  The easier trails are all in the SE corner. The only downside to that is it requires newbies to negotiate some more technical stuff to get to the easier trails.

                  The most straight forward route would be Sandman to Pristine to Wedgie. At the S end of Wedgie you will find a gravel "quad" trail that leads to the south logging road. Take that road east all the way to the end (T-junction). That is the far SE corner of the riding area. In that area are a number of shorter and easier trails to start on.
                  Yes, a lot of the shorter and easier trails are in the SE corner, but unless you have a dual sport, you'll need to ride through the trails you mentioned to get to them, and you're absolutely correct with the Trials, Sandman, Pristine, Wedge, lower connector (logging road) to the Blue Mountain FSR being the best way to get there for a newer rider. I usually start new riders out on Trials, then Sandman and work them up to Pristine etc. because they will typically have to conquer those trails in order to get access to the rest of the trails (unless, of course, they're on a street legal bike, then they can ride in at the McNutt Entrance.)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I forgot to post that I got RideItAll all sorted out - the subscription didn't go through for some reason, so he didn't have access to the pain members section, but all fixed now. I've offered to take him out on a familiarization ride on the mountain - I feel that the guided 'tours' are the best way to get started - have somebody who knows the trails take new riders and then then choose the trails that you ride based on the rider's experience and skills (and energy level). Otherwise, a rider may get onto a trail that's beyond their skill level and risk injuring themselves, doing damage to the trail (spinning the tire excessively trying to get up a root or rock step etc., or just plain wear themselves out.) Plus, a guided tour takes the guesswork out of how to get back - it really sucks riding in circles trying to remember which way to go to get back to 256th st, although if you have the KML map loaded on your smartphone, you should be able to pinpoint your location and figure out what trails you need to take to get back.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It is my understanding there is nowhere to stage at the McNutt entrance? I was lucky and met a guy who lives in that area so we stage out of his house. All our bikes are street legal which solves the problem of riding on the street and FSR's. :D

                      I always run a GPS so I don't get lost and to track out the trails I ride. I can see how it would be very easy to get turned around a lost on the mountain.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hooligan View Post
                        It is my understanding there is nowhere to stage at the McNutt entrance? I was lucky and met a guy who lives in that area so we stage out of his house. All our bikes are street legal which solves the problem of riding on the street and FSR's. :D

                        I always run a GPS so I don't get lost and to track out the trails I ride. I can see how it would be very easy to get turned around a lost on the mountain.
                        That's correct, the only place to stage is the end of 256th. There is no parking at the McNutt entrance area. Having a street legal bike makes it a lot easier (my bike is street legal as well), so if I ride in from 256th, but feel like leaving via McNutt, no problem (unless the group I'm riding with aren't on dual sports.)

                        One day, we'll have a 'proper' staging area, and we're making progress, but there's a lot of work involved to get there.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yes, rgmr250 got my access sorted out for me. I have looked over the maps and watched a number of videos of the trails.

                          Thanks for the the ride suggestions. I will definitely take up on the offer of a guided tour, such a great way to get an intro to the right trails. Maybe next weekend will work out, can't wait to get out and give some of the trails a go (at least the easier ones).

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X