What tires do you guys run ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tires do you guys run ?

Been a long time since I have posted here. Looking at new rubber. I've always used Maxxis IT's, front and rear, primarily because they last a long time. They probably aren't the best - I find the front tires break down and all the side knobs tear off.

What are you guys using for riding McNutt that you find work well ? I don't want to put a trials tire on the back.

For the rear: There's a number of riders using the Motoz Mountain Hybrid. I'm (and a few others that I ride with are) using the Kenda Equilibrium. The Kenda is apparently several pounds lighter than the Motoz - the suggestion is that on a 250F, the lighter tire will rob less power from the engine. Either way, I'm really happy with the Kenda - it (and the MotoZ) are supposed to be hybrid tires, somewhere between a knobby and trials tire.

I haven't experimented much with the front, though.

Comment

The most famous McNutt tire has to be the IRC M5B rear. I use it whenever it might be wet and pair it to the pretty good everywhere VE35 front.

Comment

Originally posted by KTM-Bryon View Post
        The most famous McNutt tire has to be the IRC M5B rear. I use it whenever it might be wet and pair it to the pretty good everywhere VE35 front.
        I can't get enough of the IRC M5B!!! that tire is so awesome! run really low pressure for crazy grip in the gnarliest possible conditions. But not too low or the side knobs rip off! For me 7-8psi seems the magic number where they last evenly.

Comment

Originally posted by KTM-Bryon View Post

Awesome, thank you. I will check these ones out, time to try something new!

Comment

I didn't realize how good the MB5 was until I went to a stiff Michelin. :( Been using a trials tire a fair bit and it is amazingly good, just need to run a bit more pressure than the trials guys use. This year I'm gonna try a Goldentyre 523X to go with the 216 fatty on the front. The distributor tells me the 523 is meant for 4-strokes while the 216 rear is meant for 2-strokes.

Comment

Kenda equilibrium
              Just had it mounted , running it at 8 lbs.
              I ride Tamahi in Chilliwack and it was pretty lousy there
              with that tire . I look forward to trying it at McNutt , I heard it was a great tire for Blue Mountain conditions

Comment

I have the Kenda Equilibrium, running it at 7lbs with a TuBliss system and find the grip really good at Blue Mountain. It was pretty good at Vedder, but not quite as good as Blue Mountain, maybe. Haven't ridden Tamahi, though.

Comment

I'm running a kenda Ibex. So far the best tire for ultimate traction. It's almost wore out and still grips really really good.. running it with 6psi on tubliss.

Comment

Working...
                  X