chainsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chainsaw

what's a good used chain saw for under $100. I know husky is the best but they are $200 and up for a basic saw. I'm looking for camping and light home use saw. I see a bunch of craftsman, poulan, homelite used on craiglist. Any good or just spend the extra bucks for a husky or stihl?

spend the extra on stihl or husky

Comment

Cheap, princess auto has reconditioned poulan think thats how you spell it for under $100 every few months. I picked one up for yard work and has been going good for 5-6 years.

Comment

Dito on the stihl

Comment

I have a small poulan for camping and yard work. I have had it for two years. I just put on a new chain. Starts easy and plenty of power for prett y much any job I have thrown a tit. But this is my second one. I did some work.on the first one and it blew up.

Comment

bought my husky 15yrs ago for an outrageous 299.
            Used it tons the first few years, lately only for periodic yard work.
            Been thru a few chains but the initial cost is long forgotten.

Comment

My Husky put up with unbelievable abuse. Definitely get another one.

Comment

I liked my Husky so much, I bought the company!

Comment

something like this would be way better then some cheapo

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...178200683.html

Comment

Originally posted by dhdey View Post
                    something like this would be way better then some cheapo

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...178200683.html
                    You still rocking that beast of a husky you got a few years back?

Comment

hell ya, treat it like crap and always runs perfect. was a great buy. could probably still sell it for what i paid for it bnc

Comment

Originally posted by dhdey View Post
                        hell ya, treat it like crap and always runs perfect. was a great buy. could probably still sell it for what i paid for it bnc
                        Is that a 4 stroke?

Comment

f*ck no, 2 strokes only in my garage. only gas 4 stroke i own is my lawnmower and it stays in the shed

Comment

Jonsered are a test brand for husky, well they were 10 years ago when I was in the forestry. If you are looking for a saw cheaper than stilh and husky then next look at jonsered. What you spend on a saw like stilh or husky is not just a never die saw, but has better safety quaility. 5 years of using a saw everyday and I still have all my fingers. If I had a cheap saw I could have lost some body parts like some of my friends.

Comment

Working...
                            X