Hello All!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All!

Just wanted to add a quick hello to the group.

My name is Jeff, obvious by the user name. I ride both off road and track, both at a novice level.

I have ridden at Blue Mountain a couple of times and just finally got off my butt and joined the club. Other than not knowing where I am going, I've had a great time so far. I ride a YZ250 as my woods bike, kitted out with all the woods goodies.

Hopefully i can make one of the work parties to help out and to get a better feel for the trail network.

Jeff, Welcome! Since you're a paid member of the club, you'll have access to the maps of the mountain, in the paid members section of the forum. Note that the maps that are there are a little outdated, we have new maps coming - possibly in the next week or so. They'll be in KML (Google Earth) and PDF formats.

This winter has been really rough on the mountain, so there's been a lot of trail work going on to clear downed trees etc. Attending a work party (next one is Mar 19th), is a great way to get to know other club members, get to know some of the trails and help contribute to the upkeep of our fantastic trails.

Once the smoke clears as far as trying to get caught up on clearing the trails, and getting ready for our annual Route of All Evil Fun Ride (Apr 23), I'm certain there will be club members who will be able to take you out on a familiarization ride on the mountain. The maps help with knowing the trails, but a guided ride is fantastic. I often take new riders on intro rides on the mountain, but I've been battling with recovering from hernia surgery and then a chest infection and vertigo, so I'm out for a little bit still.

Comment

Working...
    X