DSBC Spring Newbie Ride - "B" hard route Sunday Mar.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSBC Spring Newbie Ride - "B" hard route Sunday Mar.20

Coming up fast is the Spring Newbie Ride over at Tamihi. I am gonna ride the plated WR250f but dirt bikes are fine on this route. Maybe we gotta try for two laps this year eh! Who's in?

For more info see
    So you wanna try the "Hard" Loop? What you can expect Entire route will be clearly marked with Yellow Arrows Very rough washed out Forestry Roads (some steep) Some very old Forestry Grades Lots of roots Some Ruts Lots of narrow single track Some narrow single track on steep off camber (dont fall down-hill)

I'm thinking about it. of course we know the "hard" route is easier than sandman, other than the mud. prob swap the trials tire for the knobby. No 700 lb KTM this year?

Comment

Originally posted by superdave View Post
      I'm thinking about it. of course we know the "hard" route is easier than sandman

Just keep telling yourself that, haha. Ya, ditch the trials tire as even with a few rain free days coming up there will be some mud and fresh roots.

The KTM is in need of some TLC and I am having too much fun on the Yami!

Comment

Good times and two laps for me at the DSBC Newbie ride.

Here is a vid of the climbs about half way around on lap one plus the descent down Dashboard Trail.

Here is the last trail and the gravel road that takes you back to the Staging area.

Comment

Good stuff, Bryon! What camera are you using?

Comment

The newbie ride was a lot of fun! but.. like Dave said easy as sandman other then the mud that was actually clay.. I rode 2.5 laps on the hard loop on a 98 xr650l with dual sport tires wasn't to bad.

Then I had clay try to lay the pass on me in the mud on the 501 only to lay it down like a SQUID!!

650 out!

Comment

That is the GoPro Hero4 Session camera I am using.

Comment

Originally posted by themcnuttkid View Post
                The newbie ride was a lot of fun! but.. like Dave said easy as sandman other then the mud that was actually clay.. I rode 2.5 laps on the hard loop on a 98 xr650l with dual sport tires wasn't to bad.

Then I had clay try to lay the pass on me in the mud on the 501 only to lay it down like a SQUID!!

650 out!
                Now this is how you spell priceless!!! Wish I was there to see that lmao.

Comment

I'm confused, clay went down on the 501, or you went down on the 650, or clay went down on....never mind

Comment

Originally posted by themcnuttkid View Post

650 out!

OK there Scott Summers.

"Clay, do you think it's OK to ride the kids loop to the parking lot?"

"No Curtis, not unless you have kids."

Anyways, Scott Summers is knocking little girls off their pink quads on the kids loop to beat me to the parking lot which was 5 feet away. Meanwhile I slipped while standing there watching in awe as Summers dirt tracks around the kids loop.

That 501 did 5 PN races last year. Are you up to the challenge on the big bore? O rare you just going to stand there holding your bike up like that?

Because I had to explain to McNutt Kid who Scott Summers is there may be a couple of more kids that don't know:
                    http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/news...l_of_Fame.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by KTM-Bryon View Post
                      That is the GoPro Hero4 Session camera I am using.
                      You might want to look into using the 'medium' field of view setting (I don't think the Session offers narrow FOV) -- you might like it better than the super wide angle since it looks more natural (less fisheye effect). I think with the Session you can select the medium FOV only at the 720P and 1080P recording settings.

Give it a shot!

Comment

Thanks Moto. I had it at 720s 60 W and now I will try 720 100 M. Medium FOV at 100 frames a minute should give a better action shot too.

FY
                        Video Modes

Video

Captures video.
                        1440p 30, 25 Ultra Wide 1920 x 1440
                        1080p 60, 50, 30, 25 Ultra Wide, Medium 1920 x 1080
                        1080p SuperView 48, 30, 25 Ultra Wide 1920 x 1080
                        960p 60, 50, 30, 25 Ultra Wide 1280 x 960
                        720p 100, 60, 50, 30, 25 Ultra Wide, Medium 1280 x 720
                        720p SuperView 60, 50, 30, 25 Ultra Wide 1280 x 720
                        WVGA 120, 100 Ultra Wide 848 x 480
                        Looping

Records a continuous video loop that overwrites itself until you press the shutter button to stop it and save.
                        SuperView

SuperView captures a tall perspective (4:3), which allows you to capture more of yourself and your surroundings in the shot. The content is then dynamically stretched to a wide perspective (16:9) for full, immersive widescreen playback. Learn more here.

Last edited by KTM-Bryon; March 22nd, 2016, 03:11 PM.

Comment

You should not see an option for 100fps unless you have (mistakenly) set your camera to PAL (should be NTSC). You are likely going to see higher FPS at 720P, not 1080P, but that is just an assumption on my part (I have not owned that camera). Try selecting 720P with the narrower FOV and then look at 1080P with the narrower FOV and go with the one that gives you more FPS (guessing it will be 720P).

Comment

good thing you know something about vid Moto. I checked and 100 FPS is slo-mo. I changed it to 1080 60 M now and will see how it looks at higher resolution and medium FOV.

That "s" superview setting might have been part of the problem too. I will be shooting some Powell River trails this weekend and will soon find out!
                            Last edited by KTM-Bryon; March 22nd, 2016, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I always found the best set up for action vids such as what your doing Bryon is 720-60fps

Comment

Working...
                              X