Lytton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lytton

The cool kids are camping & riding at Lytton this weekend. Find us in camp in the morning if you're up for a good rip. Supposed to rain off & on = No dust!

Lori had a meltdown, packed her shit up, and went home. She can fill in the details.

Comment

It was the first hill too. Well no update from Lori so I will fill in some details. In fact it was her truck that caught fire and had a bunch of stuff get melted. Too bad as this is what the cool kids looked like in Lytton this weekend

Yamie & KTM guys in the same truck!

Party in Lytton Saturday night

Started with the big climb up to 1700 meters. Don't remember the trail name.

Hill climb above Onion Lake. Dead ends about here.

Comment

Aw man.

Comment

Did her truck die on Ford Hill?

Looks like a killer ride.

Comment

Hauled up there on Friday after work. Lost the torque converter seal on the truck about 9 km up from the hiway. Tranny fluid spewing out on the ground and on fire. Scary deal. Got it put out with a fire extinguisher (NOTE: Always carry one on those in your vehicle!). Coasted the truck & trailer off to the side of the road (even got the trailer reasonably level for a comfortable night of sleep). We rode our bikes into town Saturday morning and bought every quart of Dextron ATF in Lytton. The truck started & moved. YEAH!! Made it home safely without ever shutting the engine off, as the starter motor was a little crispy from the fire. New starter installed and the wiring has been repaired. New sway bar links sitting on the bench right now (the bushings got burned up) and the converter seal will be tackled in the coming week.

Put 700 km on the truck and 80 km on my bike, but didn't ride one single trail all weekend. Dammit! 2016 is shaping up to be a pretty bad year for me. Total knee replacement in February, two trees fell on our house in March, work schedule switched from 4-10's to 5-8's in March, hydrogen fire at the refinery in May, cancelled time off work in June, truck fire in July. Something has to turn around for the better here soon. On the bright side... my new knee and my new KTM are both awesome, I just gotta get out and use them!

Thanks for the taunting pictures, Bryon. I was pretty sure we missed some epic riding, now I know we did for sure.

Comment

Wow, Lori, what a string of bad luck. It can only get better from here!

Comment

My Ford caught on fire on that hill too. Luckily another Ford driver had just come back from town on their bike with lots of ATF.

Comment

That hill has claimed a lot of victims over the years.We used to laugh that we'd all go up in smoke if there ever was a big fire because Tony Allen would have his 50 foot fifth wheel jack-knifed across the whole road in the mad frenzy to get the hell outa there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                    My Ford caught on fire on that hill too. Luckily another Ford driver had just come back from town on their bike with lots of ATF.
                    How did you get the fire out, Tom? Lucky for me, Mr. Velvet Fog is good with a fire extinguisher!

Comment

Lucky we had a fire extinguisher. That whole event was sobering. I went and bought a new one for myself first thing Mon morning.

Comment

Originally posted by zero_it View Post

How did you get the fire out, Tom? Lucky for me, Mr. Velvet Fog is good with a fire extinguisher!
                        I heaved to before the floor boards got hot. Just the O2 sensor plug was burnin.

Comment

Working...
                        X