BMMC Staging area.
In 2021, the club finally got a proper staging area, provided by RSTBC (Rec Sites and Trails BC).
To access the staging area you must be a current paid club member (see the store for membership purchases). When you pay for your membership, you’ll get a gate code, and in the membership package you’re mailed, you’ll receive a rear-view mirror hanger with the club logo and current year sticker. Hang the hanger from your rear-view with the Logo and year facing outwards.
To use the staging area gate:
- Slide the CLEAR (C) button down. This will reset the lock box from any previous numbers of attempts.
- Enter the combination. The combination code is provided to you automatically via email when you purchase a membership. If you didn’t receive your purchase confirmation email with the lock box code check your spam/junk boxes.
- Slide the UNLOCK button down.
- Take out the key and unlock the pad lock on the underside of the gate.
- Place the key back in the lock box and follow steps 1- 3 to re-lock the lockbox.You MUST enter the combination code again in order to re-lock the lock box.
When leaving, just do the same, ensuring the gate is closed and locked behind you.
Link to short video on the lockbox: BMMC Staging gate Lockbox video
It’s important not to let anybody in who doesn’t have a gate code: Without the code, they can’t unlock the gate to get back out and could get trapped behind the gate. Secondly, the staging area is a privilege that paid members get to enjoy. A membership isn’t required to ride the trails, but is requested, and if you have a membership, you’ll get to enjoy the use of the gated staging area.